The Office of Industry Engagement can answer questions and provide guidance as you prepare the statement of work, budget, export control, forms, agreements, and any other materials required by the company.*
Internal Approvals via eRouting
Once your proposal package is ready, submit it to the eRouting system managed by the Office of Sponsored Programs. This system automatically routes the proposal through all necessary internal approvals, including export control.
Once completed, the system forwards the proposal to the Office of Industry Engagement. Our office must receive it at least 3 business days before the sponsor’s deadline (or at least 5 business days in advance for international research).
What Happens Next
After reviewing the proposal package, the Office of Industry Engagement will:
- Submit the proposal to the sponsor
- Negotiate the agreement terms and conditions
- Execute the contract, working with you to:
- Ensure funds awarded match the proposed budget
- Verify any special terms or conditions
- Handle any issues that arise during the contract (e.g., cost sharing, subcontracts)
*For information on research funded by the U.S. federal government, including through the Small Business Innovation Research and Small Business Technology Transfer (SBIR/STTR) programs, visit the Office of Sponsored Programs.