- For resources and updates related to the Coronavirus and operations of the Office of Industry Engagement, visit https://industry.gatech.edu/coronavirus.
Do you want to create a new startup company? Learn how through our integrated training program. Georgia Tech also offers services to startups through its VentureLab. For more information, contact Keith McGreggor or visit Georgia Tech’sVentureLab website.
Georgia Tech Integrated Program for Startups (GT:IPS®)
The GT:IPS program helps faculty, staff, and student entrepreneurs jump-start the process of launching a startup company based on Georgia Tech intellectual property.
The self-paced, online GT:IPS training provides the skills required to effectively plan and launch a business. Participants who successfully complete the program—four required classes and two electives within 6 months—are eligible for a GT:IPS express, no-negotiation license that dramatically reduces the licensing process.
The curriculum includes the following topics (*required):
- Developing a business plan*
- Creating the company*
- Intellectual property*
- Conflict of interest
- Making an “elevator pitch”
- The “anatomy” of a license
- Legal aspects of agreements
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval process
- Use of campus resources
You can start taking the online GT:IPS courses at any time.
GT:IPS® is a registered trademark of the Georgia Tech Research Corporation.